All learners develop at their own pace and in their own way. Taking a first step, smiling for the first time, or waving “bye-bye” are called developmental milestones. Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, behave, and move. When children do not meet average milestones at or near the age they are expected to […]
Aromatherapy is a natural way of healing a person’s mind, body and soul. Many ancient civilizations like Egypt, China, and India have used this as a popular complementary and alternative therapy for at least 6,000 years.
Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes it’s called essential oil therapy.
Different oils have different uses and effects.
10 Healing Benefits of Aromatherapy:
- Reduces Stress
- Relieves Anxiety
- Boosts Energy
- Improves Focus
- Reduces Physical Pain
- Improves Sleep
- Aids Digestion
- Strengthens Immune System
- Balances Hormone Levels
- Boosts Hair Health Naturally
Apart from providing a pleasant smell, aromatherapy oils can provide respiratory disinfection, decongestant, other healing benefits and psychological benefits. There are more than 90 types of essential oils, each with its own unique smell and potential health benefits.
10 Popular Essential Oils and the Health Benefits Associated with Them:
- Peppermint: used to boost energy and aid digestion
- Lavender: used to relieve stress, enhance relaxation, aide sleep, relieve headache
- Sandalwood: used to calm nerves and help with focus
- Bergamot: used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema
- Rose: used to improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Chamomile: used to improve mood and relaxation, treating eczema
- Tea Tree: used to fight infections and boost immunity, antimicrobial, antiseptic, and disinfectant qualities. Acne, burns and bites, common in skin care products
- Jasmine: used to help with depression, alertness, childbirth, and libido
- Lemon: used to aid digestion, mood, headaches, and more
- Eucalyptus: relieve airways during a cold or flu